WDS PXE issue: PXE-E16: No offer received
The problem server installed the follwing roles:
- RRAS (Route and Remote Access Service)
The WDS service is configured with Active Directory integrated, everything seems configured correctly. But a Hyper-V Gen2 VM client is not possible to boot with PXE. Message is
If you redirect the vNIC and connect to the WDS server with a physical machine, you get a message “
PXE-E16: No offer received“.
My network environment is simple: the two VMs are connected via vSwitch only, no VLAN tag. If your situation is similar to mine, please move on.
My steps to trouble shooting:
- I deploy a new WDS server with only DHCP and WDS service. This WDS service works fine.
- I capture the packages with WireShark for both WDS servers and compare the differences.
- The failed one has longer response time (8s) than the worked one (4s). (see Figure 1)
- If you look deeper into the failed version, there are more NBNS packages. (see Figure 2)
- Try disable NETBIOS on the failed server. (see Figure 3)
- Now everything works!
本文出自 Lesca 技术宅，转载时请注明出处及相应链接。